Accounting can be a very paper-heavy field. And with over 100,000 firms, including certified public accountants, companies that provide bookkeeping, payroll, tax preparation and more, you can just imagine the amount of paper. Just the accounts payable and accounts receivable (AP/AR) process alone is still extremely paper based. It is overwhelming.
“About 75 to 80 percent of invoices in the United States are still paper based,” according to Gartner Analyst John E. Van Decker’s report, ‘Accounts Payable Invoice Automation.’
AP/AR can easily boost efficiency and improve the bottom line by implementing a simple electronic management system, like Digitech Systems Enterprise Content Management (ECM) software, ImageSilo and PaperVision Enterprise. Benefits include:
- Automating accounting processes to increase efficiency
- PaperVision Capture quickly converts paper accounting records to electronic images, decreasing paper use to reduce costs
- PaperVision Capture automates indexing to increase processing speeds
- Electronic documents are easily searchable, improving efficiency and productivity
- Electronic file management eliminates lost or misplaced documents
- Digitech Systems ECM software helps reduce human error
- Improving internal controls for compliance and accountability
- Multiple security levels help to control information access
- And so much more!
“Approving invoices is a lot more enjoyable with PaperVision Enterprise WorkFlow,” said Phil Akason, CFO, Terrus Real Estate Group. “I open the email and have all the supporting documents and accounting codes I need to verify and approve invoices. I don’t have to go back to the accounting system to Search for information. I just click OK and the invoice is routed to the next step in the process. It couldn’t be easier.”
Digitech Systems offers its comprehensive Enterprise Content Management (ECM) product suite exclusively through its Value-Added Resellers, like Micro Records. So if you would like to learn more about Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Compliance, please contact Micro Records Company, Inc. by calling 877-410-SCAN or visit MicroRecord.com!
You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube as well!