Established in 2006, the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) requires any company involved in a lawsuit or federal litigation to preserve and recover electronic documents and emails as part of the discovery process. The penalties for non-compliance with FRCP include fines, criminal penalties, and obstruction of justice charges.
“U.S. companies face an average of 350 pending lawsuits internationally,” according to the Third Annual Litigation Trends Survey by Fullbright & Jaworski. “The average litigation expenditure for U.S. companies surveyed has increased by 50% from 2005 to $12 million – a figure that does not include ultimate case settlement or judgment payments. Litigation costs loom even larger considering that they represent 70% of overall legal spending.
ECMNOW! From Digitech Systems Enables FRCP Compliance
Enterprise content management (ECM) from ECMNOW! allows for the control of electronic information, making it easily accessible and searchable. Benefits of ECMNOW! include:
- Reduced time to locate electronic information.
- Print, export, and email search results.
- Allow lawyers and judges secure, temporary web-based access to electronic documents.
- Capture and index each and every email message.
- Ensure stored documents have not been changed.
- Decreased costs associated with litigation.
- Improved operational efficiency.
- Reduce the risk of FRCO non-compliance!
If you would like to learn more about ECMNOW! from Digitech Systems, please contact Micro Records Company, Inc. by calling 877-410-SCAN or visit MicroRecord.com! We are a Digitech Systems Value-Added Reseller.
You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube as well!